Monday, January 28, 2008

A lot changes in a decade.
1998: my junior year at DHS... I began preparing to apply to colleges and swore that I would never ever in a million years go to BYU... the house of representatives impeached President Bill Clinton... Mark McGuire and Sammy Sosa broke Roger Maris's home run record... and I was introduced to the world of 'online journaling' on a site called open diary.  I deleted my account in 2001 b/c I only had 10 entries and couldn't get anyone to check out my diary.  I said 'I don't really think this online journal thing will ever catch on'.  
2008:  I am a BYU alum... Hillary Clinton is vying for the Oval Office... Major League Baseball's home run kings are under federal investigation for steroid use... and blogging is HUGE!  Over 75,000 new blogs are created every day.  So, after plenty of heckling from family and friends, fire & brimstone froze over and I opened a blogspot account.  Are you people happy now!?! ;)  I can't guarantee regular posts, -let's be honest, I averaged 3 posts a year during my online diary days- however, I will definitely try my best to post when I have time.  Wish me luck, here goes nothing...

6 comments:

Larry & Ann said...

So glad you caved in! Loved your opening remarks. Can't wait to see what you put on next!

Anonymous said...

Finally! I will add you to my fav bloggers and in no time you will be addicted! Love ya

Sharisa Lewis said...

love it! it's so YOU and i can't wait to read more... love your perspective on things!

Meg said...

Staples... good work. As you know, I caved too... I think I post b/c I'm traveling and my parents would get mad if I didn't, haha. You're great. Loveya.

Glenn Rowley said...

KATIE! So happy you finally joined. You're totally on my fave bloggers list! Miss you!

stefanie said...

Oh my Katie Staples!!! How are you my long lost friend?!! I must admit that I found your sisters blog somehow, and I check it every-so-often to see if you are on there. I promise...I'm really not a stalker, just wondering how you are and where life has taken you. Well, I'm excited I found you and I hope you don't mind if I add you to my list.