Saturday, February 09, 2008




I am lucky enough to love my job and enjoy the place I work.  Like all jobs, mine has ups and downs.  However, there seems to be a surplus of ups for me.  One 'up' in particular is working with a bunch of really fun people.  Every few months a group of us (fearlessly led by Brent, our C.O.O. who has climbed Kilimanjaro) go on some kind of outdoor adventure.  Yesterday we went snowshoeing near Snow Basin in some of the deepest powder I have ever seen (we were sinking 2 or 3 feet into the snow even though we had snowshoes on)!  It was an incredible workout and well worth the effort to get to the top.  We got there just in time to catch the sunset and were lucky enough to come across some beautiful cornices.  Unfortunately, my poor camera decided to give up the ghost last month and none of my buddies brought anything to take decent photos with.  So, we had to use our phones to document our arrival at the summit (hence the super low quality pictures).  Check out the pic of the cornice being held up by a tree... nature does some pretty crazy stuff!  We ended our snowshoe adventure at Taggarts Grill, a great little rustic place in the middle of NOWHERE.  Seriously, the exit sign just says "Taggart" and the address is on 'Taggart Lane."  It was dark and difficult to tell for sure, but that restaurant is likely the only building for miles and miles.  I highly recommend it if you ever have spare time and the urge to drive to the boondocks for some surprisingly excellent food.

13 comments:

Larry & Ann said...

Looks like you had a great time! You have had some great outdoor adventures with your work "family". Let us know when you hike Timp this spring/summer.

Anonymous said...

Looks like so much fun. Good post! I want to come hike when its warm :)

Heidi said...

Yupee, I found you. I love the pictures, I love the blog title picture & I love you.

Anna said...

Yeah Katie! I am excited to get updates and glimpes in your life...since you are one of my fav cousins! Welcome, Welcome.

Jennie Minor said...

Katie! It's Jennie (Faulkner) Minor. How are you? You look so good, and it's been so long since I have seen you or talked to you. I am glad that you joined the blogging world. :)

kourtney said...

Wow, I found Katie Staples and look where you have ended up. It's awesome! I'm glad you started this blog, I didn't know what I was getting into when I started, but now it's my place to just write whatever for whoever to read. I hope to hear more about you. This is Kourtney Dalley (used to be Hartung). www.dalleyclan.blogspot.com

Amber said...

Hey Katie, This is Amber (Holt) Green. . .I just found your blog from Stefanie's . . . . welcome to blogging, I'm also a new blogster! It looks like you have an amazing job!!!

Rachelle said...

Katie you crack me up! I love your changes in a decade entry! I love to see you at family dinner! : )

Lori said...

Katie
It's been forever since I've seen or talked to you! How are you! It's Lori (Webb) Borrowman I'm so excited you are a blogger! You are so adventurous,! (not sure if that's how you spell it?) The pictures are great! I'm excited to check back!

kristen said...

looks like i'm a few of some old higschool friends to find you! this is kristen (syph.us) How are you?!

Amber S. said...

Katie! Holy crap! It's been forever! This is Amber(Kennett)Stephenson. I am so happy to have found your blog and found out what you are up to. Looks like you are having fun and doing what you love Let's keep in touch! My blog is cammamber.blogspot.com

Michelle said...

Hey Katie! It's been FOREVER!!! It's Michelle Hansen. Hope things are going great! I have a blog, too, if you want to check it out. It's themaliefamily.blogspot.com.

Michelle :)

Staci said...

Hey KT looks like you are doin awesome i wanna go hiking... well its staci andrus kirkland goodtimes with softball our blog is kirklandfam.blogspot.com